We started out by going horseback riding. It was a beautiful sunny day, but not too hot. It was David's first time riding by himself, he was quite proud of that. Cato rode with Bruce and talked the entire 45 minute ride.
We also visited Carr Cheese Factory and had fresh cheese curds - still warm and squeaky. When I first heard the word 'squeaky' I was a little worried, but they are deicious!!
We went to a place called Wizard Quest. The mission was to find the four wizards throughout the building. There were 2 levels. The beginner one, you just had to find the four wizards. That is what I did with David & Cato. In the harder level you had to earn so many glimmers (points) to free the wizards once you found them. You earned glimmers by finding clues and answering questions. The kids loved it. Afterwards we walked down the Riverwalk that was nearby. After being in San Antonio, this seemed quite short, but it was sooooo beautiful.
We went to an indoor waterpark/theme park. We had a ton of fun! They had the admission as such that you bought one day and you could get in the next day free. There were not many people there so we were able to go on the waterslides over and over and the theme park over and over. The bumper cars were the hit! We would get in them and when the ride would end, they would just start it over for us without having to get out.
We also went letterboxing. It was our second trying this awesome new hobby of ours and we found both boxes! I think this will become something we do more often.
After several days there, we drove down to Nauvoo. We only had one full day to look around, but it was such a life changing experience for me. To see how the early saints lived was both a humbling and empowering experience for me. They were so faithful and hard working despite their trials. They also didn't waste anything. I have really been trying to incorporate 2 sayings into my life since I've been there 'Waste not, want not' and 'Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without'. Below are pictures from Nauvoo.
The highlight for Cato was the fact that we were able to stay in log cabins. This was the cabin in Nauvoo, we also had one in Wisconsin.
Even though all of these activities were wonderful and fun, the best part was to be able to be with my family for an entire week with no interruptions. Bruce is an awesome husband and dad and all four kids are the light of my life. It was next to being in heaven that week.




1 comment:
Wow! It looks like you had a WONDERFUL time. We went to Nauvoo once, but we didn't get to spend much time there. I hope to go again soon! I know what you mean about unstructured time with family being heavenly... especially when the kids aren't fighting. ;) Glad you had a nice break!
Post a Comment