Saturday, May 17, 2008

Who needs electricity?

We are going to try something as a family next week. We are having minimal electricity for 6 days. We'll have the computer on for about an hour a day, keep the frig/freezer plugged in and the alarm clocks and that is about it. If I have time during my hour on the computer I will try and post quickly on here each day of how our days are going. I'm excited about this and I'm sure I will be very grateful for electricity once we are one with it.

6 comments:

nicole said...

What a great idea! Let us know how it goes... good luck with that! :)

Lilola said...

So, is Bruce on vacation next week, or does he get to go out into the electrified world? Can't wait for the update! ;)

Mamapierce said...

Very interesting! Keep us posted! :o)

MasalaMom said...

This is an interesting experiment. I recently read that there's a proyect some people are taking on: not buying anything new for a year (except groceries). Ever since I read about that, I've been keeping a closer track of what I buy --and have even discovered the joy of "flea markets" here in Germany.

Waiting for your update!

Anonymous said...

Masalamom, I'm glad to hear there are flea markets in Germany. I just have to be careful when we're out there because I have to bring things back :) I love those type of things and garage sales. Having garage sales is big here in Ohio.

James and Cari said...

Can't wait to hear how it goes!! I can't believe we're still getting updates for RS when you're only able to use the computer for 1 hour! You're amazing!!