Sunday, March 23, 2008

He Is Risen!




On this Easter I just wanted to take this opportunity to share my testimony of Christ with all those that visit this blog. I know that Jesus Christ lives, that He is the Son of God and that He loves me. He lived for me, He suffered for me, He set a great example for me and He died for me - then He rose again....for me! I know that through His atonement all mankind will be resurrected and we can return if we follow His ways. He is my older brother that I love with all my heart. I am thankful for His teachings and His example. I know that if I was the only person alive in this world, He would have still suffered and died for me. I am thankful that He took upon Himself the sins of this world, so that I can live with Him and Heavenly Father with my familiy forever. I am thankful for His church and gospel that is on the earth today. I know that Christ is our mediator and pleads for us with the Father. He has paved the way for me and my family to return to Him and Heavenly Father. In the scriptures I have learned much about Him, both from the Bible and from The Book of Mormon, Another Testament of Jesus Christ. There are many prophecies throughout the Old Testament that testify of His coming. The Law of Moses was set up as a prepatory law for Christ to come to earth. The New Testament wonderfully accounts of His life, ministry, death and resurrection while on the earth and then the sharing of the gospel by His apostles after his death. The Book of Mormon shares some of the same prophecies from the Old Testament and the lives of those on this continent that were waiting for His coming to earth. It also tells of Christ's appearance to those of his 'other fold' on this continent. All of them together show of His great charity, patience, kindness and humility. I am thankful that He is mindful of ALL the children of Heavenly Father. I am thankful that he 'drank of the bitter cup' so that if I would only look to Him and follow Him I would not have to. I am sorrowful when I think of the pain that I have caused Him, but then joyous and happy when I think of Him willingly bearing it for me and doing it so that I, and everyone else, could return someday and have peace during our time on earth also. I look forward to the day when I can see Him face to face and say thank you. I love Him with all my heart. Here is a great link that has great pictures and articles about Christ.


2 comments:

Lilola said...

He is not here, he is risen. Those must be the seven most significant words written!

nicole said...

Wow.. this is such a beautiful post. Thank you for being such a great example to me Debbie. :)