Friday night after the talent show and Lea's birthday party Robby and I drove 2 1/2 hours to where his soccer tournament was going to be. We arrived at 2:00 a.m. The hotel had a fire alarm at 4:00 a.m. and then we had to leave around 6:30 a.m. to get to the fields. Needless to say I was exhausted! Robby wasn't too bad since he slept quite a bit while driving down. I did sleep between games. I was so thankful to have gotten a hotel room. I had debated back and forth. But I had a place to go crash between. I felt much better for the second game and the drive home. Robby has been such a wonderful example to others on his team. He doesn't play on Sundays, which causes questions from teammates. He doesn't drink coffee, which causes questions from teammates. He doesn't sware, which causes questions from teammates. It's wonderful that he's been able to explain quite a bit about our
church. There are so many wrong ideas out there about what we belive, it's nice to be able to set the record straight in a lot of areas. He played great in his games. They didn't win either one, but I think the team did well. I've been proud of how coachable Robby is. I heard the coach make one small suggestion to Robby while warming up for the 2nd game. During the game I could see he was following that suggestion as much as possible. Here are some pictures of the games.
Robby ready for a play to start. The 2 men in the blue and red jackets behind are his two coaches.
Robby staying up with #6. This kid was FAST!!!!
#2
Robby running and watching teammate.
This #14 was on Robby a lot and trying to get into his head. I was so proud of Robby - he stayed completely focused on the game and didn't even notice his tactics. He eventually gave up. :)
Robby's team at half time.
No comments:
Post a Comment