Monday, April 26, 2010

Talent Show!

Friday night was a talent show at church.  All 6 of us were there and all 6 of us were able to participate.  The lady  that put it together did a wonderful job!  Cato played 'Mary Had A Little Lamb' on the piano that his Grandma Palmer had taught him last time he was out here. David played the extra part of 'I Am a Child of God' while I played the main part on the piano. I also played the piano for a friend of mine while she sang 'How Great Thou Art'. Robby played a guitar solo of 'You and Me' and also did a duet with a friend of 'Cute' - he played the guitar and they both sang. Lea did a beautiful version of 'The Prayer' while I played (or at least tried to - I was trying to suppress a coughing attack).  Then Bruce was listed at the end of the program as 'Audience Participation'.  Well, the original plan was to have Lea come up to help him with a song he learned a long time ago, then have the whole audience sing 'Happy Birthday'.  Well one of her good friends, before playing her part in the talent show, said, "Before I start I wanted to wish my good friend Lea a Happy Birthday". Then someone in the audience started singing Happy Birthday!!! Bruce looked at each other with big eyes - what were we supposed to do now??!?!  We brainstormed real quick because we only had 2 or 3 more talents to go.  We decided we would have her pick her two favorite primary songs so she picked 'Popcorn Popping' and 'A Child's Prayer'.  We had the entire audience singing and it sounded beautiful.  I almost stopped playing the piano during A Child's Prayer and let them sing a cappella because it was so beautiful!  Here are pictures of Lea and Robby during their performance.  It was a fun night!
A. and Robby

Lea
 Robby


David


Cato with the program.

1 comment:

Katrina said...

That looked like a great night!! I sooo wish I could've been there. :-( Being a working mom, I always miss out on the fun!!