Thursday, April 22, 2010

Almost 20 Years!!!!

The kids and I did another crazy quick trip - but it was so worth it!!!  September 30, 1990 I joined the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.  One of the missionaries that I knew and took the discussions from both in Wickenburg and Flagstaff was Elder Olsen.  He was a great friend.  I lost touch with him years and years ago.  Thanks to facebook I found him about a year and a half ago!  Well he brought his wife and 3 older kids on a spring break church history trip.  They were only going to have enough time to go from Palmyra, NY to Kirtland, OH. 

Kirtland is only 3 hours and 40 minutes away.  I couldn't let that stand in the way.  So the kids and I drove out for a one day trip.  It was long and we were very tired on Tuesday - but it was sooooo worth it.  It was great seeing him and meeting his family.  We went through the exhibit "Reflections of Christ" in the visitor's center, out to Isaac Moorley's farm and then out to eat. It was great to be able to say 'thank you' face to face and give him a hug. I have had so many blessings because of my membership in this church. There were many factors and people helping along the way, but he was especially patient and answered many, many questions for me.

Thank you Elder Olsen - let's not wait 20 years to see each other again :)


This was Cato's favorite picture of the "Reflections of Christ" Exhibit

At the visitor's center I was looking down from the upstairs  Lea and Robby love each other so much :) Top right is Ryan with his 2 oldest kids talking with a missionary guide.


David waiting downstairs for me to come down.




Cato & J.  Cato makes friends so quickly!


Robby.


Debbie & Ryan "Elder Olsen"

No comments: