Today we had a wonderful lesson in Relief Society by Sister B. It was titled "Praying to Heavenly Father" There were 5 questions that were asked.
1 - What is prayer?
2 - Why do we pray?
3 - When should we pray?
4 - How should we pray?
5 - How are our prayers answered?
This is one of those gospel principles that are so basic and simple, yet brings buckets full of blessings. Heavenly Father has set up everything so that we can have every chance there is to become close to Him.
This lesson reminded me of something that happened a few weeks ago. We were late leaving somewhere and Cato could only find one shoe (I'm sure this I'm the only person this happens to - right?) I thought I would use it as a teaching moment of putting your shoes away when you take them off, but things turned around and I was the one that learned a lesson that day. I had asked David to help Cato and he was doing wonderful at suggesting different locations it might be. Finally, Cato said, "David, why don't you go say a prayer for me." So, with a smile on his face, David went to his room to offer a prayer. He came out and within minutes the shoe had been found. Cato took the shoe, let out a big sigh and said, "Now that's the Power of Prayer"
"And Jesus called a little child unto him, and set him in the midst of them, and said, Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little chidlren, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven. Whosoever therefore shall humble himself as this little child, the same is greatest in the kingdom of heaven. And whoso shall receive on such little child in my name receiveth me." Matthew 18: 1 - 5
Crockpot Apple Cider
2 weeks ago




No comments:
Post a Comment