Well, the stomach flu has not left our household - Cato came down with it yesterday. Last night we were all pretty tired. Bruce and Robby put some of the outside Christmas lights up and we set up the real Christmas tree for the front room. We ate dinner and then just chilled in front of 'The Miracle on 34th Street' (the newer version) with hot cocoa. At dinner I asked the kids what they thought about the week since I had to speak in church - overall the week was a hit and everyone enjoyed it. There are several things that I'm going to try and keep going - having the kids help with dinners (taking turns thought instead of everyone at once), we all help with dinner dishes, my computer goes off as I get ready to make dinner and just the overall planning of making the most of our family time. I also think we may hold this family week focus a few times during the year so we can refocus and regroup. I encourage everyone that is reading this, if you haven't already, to focus on your family for one full week - you'll be blessed for it.
1 comment:
Definately GREAT advice! Thanks Debbie - your talk was wonderful!
Post a Comment