Last Sunday
Mama Lutz spoke at church and mentioned seeing a glimpse of heaven in her home when participating in a familiy week a week early. That is how I have felt this week and especiall last night. We decorated for Christmas, had the Christmas music going, were going through decorations and remembering the different places we picked them up - it was wonderful. There was one moment that 3 of the kids were sitting in front of the fireplace (which was already decorated) reading through some of the Christmas books that had been pulled out. I just stopped and looked at them - they looked so peaceful. For that moment in time - life was absolutely perfect! I am so thankful for the gospel and the opportunity to be with my family for all eternity. There is nothing that is worth giving that up. I have felt even stronger this week about the role Bruce and I play in fighting to keep our family strong. As time goes on it needs to be more and more of a focus and I am thankful for the inspiration of our stake presidency to ask us to hold this
Family Proclamation Week.
Christmas is one of my favorite seasons. Long ago I decided that no tradition was worth getting stressed over and not enjoying the holiday. Some years we do more than others - as long as we're enjoying the season and not forgetting why we do everything we do. It has made the holidays much more enjoyable. Here are some pic's of our decorating evening.

My little piece of heaven!
2 comments:
Looks fantastic! I am going to get me some of that here very soon.
I'm so glad you all had a wonderful week! I like your suggestion of having regroup/refocus weeks on a quarterly basis. I really hope we can do better with the family time we have together.
Post a Comment