Saturday, November 22, 2008

Halloween

It's not Thanksgiving yet, so I can still post about Halloween. Cato was a motorcycle rider, David was a vampire, Robby was one of Santa's elves and Lea was a cowgirl. I only got pictures of the two youngest ones. Lea stayed home and helped hand out candy then some of her friends came over and we had pumpkin seeds and hot cocoa. Robby was undecided until the last minute if he was going trick or treating or not - I think his sweet tooth got the better side of him. Here a few pic's from the Trunk-r-Treat at church. It's hard to see the back of Cato's 'leather jacket' but it says "Heaven's Angel".
Here is a trick to get rid of Halloween candy without the fight. I got this idea from my SIL many years ago and it has worked wonderfully. We have the kids pick at least half of their candy to put in the freezer. We put it in big gallon ziplocks. Then a month or so later, when we make our Christmas gingerbread houses, we pull the candy out and have plenty of decorations. This way, they don't have as much candy to eat at Halloween, we don't have to buy extra candy for the gingerbread houses, we only eat what we snack on while we're making the houses and the rest gets thrown out with the gingerbread houses once Christmas is over. Everyone is happy!



No comments: