Thursday, November 27, 2008

Day 3

Tuesday night was a little quieter than Monday. It was just the 6 of us. Bruce made it home right at 5:00 again - I think Heavenly Father wants us to hold this. We made dinner together, ate together, cleaned up together and then worked on a puzzle together. I'm realizing I need to have them help more in the kitchen in the evening. I haven't given the kids enough opportunities to learn how to cook on a regular basis. Between this experience and reading my friend, Jessica's blog, helping with dinner is going to be a regular thing from now on - we'll see how the kids like it :) After that we started a puzzle - this thing is hard but fun. Once you put it together it's almost like an I Spy type of thing where you have to find different items. We went around and took turns saying what we appreciated about each other. We had scriptures together and read some more from the Family Proclamation together and went to bed. My favorite word from tonight is - together. We didn't do anything huge or spectacular, but it was one of the best nights I could have asked for.

1 comment:

Lollidale Farm said...

That sounds like a perfect night! I can testisfy of the value of having kids help with dinner. The more they help, the more they will be able to cook on their own. :)