I haven't posted for almost 6 months and now I'm posting 2 things in a row - maybe a little manic? Anyway, today was a fun but crazy day! My last post was about the gift I made my dad. After deciding I was going to give it to him and not keep for myself, I realized I would love to see his expression. So I saw there wasn't much going on today and I emailed him to see if he wanted to meet me halfway for lunch (he lives outside Atlanta). Much to my surprise he said yes. He also told me about a place about half way between that is Colonel Sanders Museum - where KFC started!!! So that is where we met. So me and the four kids loaded the van this morning with some school work (yesterday was the first day of school) and off we went. About an hour and a half into the drive I heard a pop. I thought, "That's not our tire, that's not our tire, that's not our tire", then I heard the thump, thump, thump - and though 'shoot, it is our tire'. So I pulled over and had Lea and Robby get out to help me. I don't think anyone has ever used the jack because it was still in this plastic type of sleeve that was almost impossible to get out. While I was trying to get that out a police officer pulled up behind us. He showed me how to get the spare tire down. I could have probably eventually figured it out, but he helped go a lot faster. One of the parts was rusted, so he got a hammer for us to use to knock it loose (note to self - put a hammer in our car kit). Once I had the spare tire off he took it and changed our tire for us. Then he gave us directions to the nearest Walmart (which was the next exit a half a mile from where we were). At Walmart, there weren't any cars being worked on so we were in and out in about 20 minutes. So even though it was a mini-trial, we still were being watched over and blessed. We got back on our way and met my dad an hour late at the KFC. We had a great but quick time - only about 2 hours.
Crockpot Apple Cider
2 weeks ago




1 comment:
That is SO awesome Debbie. What a special tribute to him. I bet it meant so much that you packed all the kids up and took a spontaneous trip down there. One of the many benefits of homeschooling, huh?!
Post a Comment