Sunday, March 9, 2008

Snow, snow and more snow!



This past Friday and Saturday, it snowed and snowed and snowed! I think the official report in our town was around 9 - 11 inches. We were able to shovel the driveway, several times... While doing that, the boys would shovel it into piles. Then they made forts. Robby's is big enough for him and David to get inside.



David's fort was just big enough for him.
The neighborhood looked like a winter wonderland. At times I loved it and wanted to cuddle up by the fire place with a cup of hot cocoa and a good book, and other times I wished for the Arizona weather I had growing up!

4 comments:

Mamapierce said...

Glorious snow! It's work but it's fun, too! I enjoy seeing how much fun Anna has out in it - and I don't mind having hot chocolate on a daily basis, either! :o)

Anonymous said...

How fun! My kids made several igloos out back too. They had a blast. At one point I looked out the window and saw Tyler and Kyleigh "kicking it back" in their little fort eating snow!

Lollidale Farm said...

Wow! That's quite a snow storm! We haven't had much of anything this year. I must say, I haven't been too disappointed. The kids, though, love playing in deep snow, and would have loved to join your kids. :)

Anonymous said...

I have mixed emotions about this much snow. I usually love it, love to see the kids running and playing and building and the dog trying to 'leap' around the yard, snuggling up with some hot cocoa in front of the fireplace. But at this time of year, I'm also REALLY ready for spring.