Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Ice skating, Miracles with Sushi, Gross Waterfalls, Sun, Wild Felines and Painting

I don't have any pictures to add to this blog, but I thought I should put in an update since we have had quite a bit going on.

Two weeks ago  I took the four kids ice skating for the first time since being here. Can you tell we're in the "Oh, we're leaving, we still need to do......" mode? It was a reward for finishing two rooms in the house to get it ready for market. It was a lot of fun and I even got the hang of it.  L is taking lessons so she'll be doing it every week for 4 weeks.  We're going to try and go at least one more time before they close it for the season. It was D & C's first time also.  D took to it like he was born on ice. C took a little bit more time, but got it before I did.  R has been a few times so he out zooming around while I was sitll holding on to the wall.  There were only a couple other people in the rink which was really nice (not too many people to be embarassed in front of). The boys started realizing that it was fun to fall on purpose - they could slide across the ice.  This place we went to is outside, and it was a bit chilly, but they had little firepits outside to warm up by.

Valentine's Day my honey had the day off!!!  It was just in the rotation and it fell on Valentine's. Miracles never cease.  We had a fun family Valentine breakfast.  I had planned a nice Valentine dinner for the family.  When I realized B had it off, I switched it to the lunch menu so we could go out together.  Well, then I found out he had his PT test at 1:00 - not a great time to eat a heavy meal at 12:00. So, we had porkchops, rice, asparagus and rolls for BREAKFAST!  We even had desert of strawberry ice cream and brownies in chocolate bowls that I made.  I found the instructions here. B did awesome on his PT test and then we went out to eat at Thai 9.  Wonderful yummy restaurant. I had the spider sushi.  My sister's have gotten me addicted to sushi - and I once said I would never try it.  Then we came home and watched part of 'Eat, Pray and Love'  Really didn't like - not even worth finishing.  The kids had already finished their movie so we went upstairs and got it to watch - Despicable Me.  That movie on the other hand is wonderful!!



R was our babysitter that night, but went to bed once the younger two were in bed.  He felt awful.  He gets colds every once in awhile.  He'll sleep for a 24 hour period and then be fine.  Not this time - it turned into the flu!  It is a week and a day right now and he has finally been fever free for 24 hours and his waterfall of a nose is slowing down - a bit.  The cough still sounds horrible.   Poor guy! The weather outside was beautiful - and only for a week and he couldn't enjoy any of it.  He was also supposed to sing at church on Sunday - but that didn't happen.  Hopefully next month.

Thursday night B called home to say we were moving to PHOENIX!!!!!!!!  Luke AFB here we come.  This will place us close to so many friends and family.  I cannot explain how excited we are.  It was also a bittersweet moment because it become more of a reality in my head that we are leaving here.  I never thought I would love Ohio so much.  The friends we have made here are wonderful and have taken such good care of us.  I will really, really miss them.  I'll probably go through about 5 boxes of Kleenex in June :(  But seeing all of our friends and family in Arizona will turn that frown upside down.

Another wonderful thing about being stationed to Luke is it is only 2.5 hours away from where L has decided to go to school.  University of Arizona.  She's going to be a wildcat, just like her daddy.  I'm so excited!

Now to the hard work - getting the house on the market.  We've done a bunch of dejunking, cleaning and painting.  Hoping to get it on the market next week.  Still haven't decided if we're selling it or renting it. Decisions will be made this weekend and we'll have details on here to help advertise it.  If you know of anyone coming to the Dayton area in July and needing a 4 bedroom house - send them our way.  Now off to bed so I can do some more painting tomorrow :)

1 comment:

nicole said...

Wow! You sure have a lot going on! So happy for you- it sounds like this move is going to be a real blessing for your family. How nice that L can be so close to you!