I know I just put a post on here today of the beauty of the ice storm. This evening the boys and I watched Fireproof. I absolutely love this movie. Always makes me grateful for the wonderful man who chose me to stay with him for eternity. Tonight though the music touched my spirit more than usual and I had to share, the best I could, what I learned and felt.
The last month has been a very difficult one. We have been blessed in many ways, but it has been extremely difficult on me emotionally and spiritually. I have definitely grown closer to Heavenly Father through this time. Without Him I know I would not be able to take each and every step I need to. I would not be able to bear the burdens placed on my shoulders without His strength. Even with all of this I have days where I don't feel like I can take one more thing.
B is working trauma this rotation. Every resident's wife really, really HATES this rotation (unless she can't stand her husband and doesn't mind being away from them a lot). It ends at the end of March - the same time the house needs to be ready to put on the market. That leaves me and the kids to get it all ready. Which would be fine, if that was all. We still have cub scouts, losing my husband's grandma, homeschooling, life in general and L getting everything together that she needs to to head off to college next year (which is another stress of thinking of my baby girl heading off). Sometimes I just wish we were at the point of knowing what we were doing and being done with it and moving on. I really will miss all of our friends here in Ohio and it's not that I want to rush the time we have here - I just want to be done waiting.
After listening to the song below, the definition of 'waiting' has changed. I used to think of it as something to dread because there was nothing else to do. I like being in charge and planning things. I guess the Lord is teaching me a lesson in letting go and letting Him take over and be in charge. After the spirit touching me with a different meaning to this song than what I always pictured as it portrays in the movie, I'm realizing that my 'waiting' can be filled with happiness and joy. I have people I can serve each and every day. I have beautiful children that are healthy and love me and their dad and each other. I have a warm beautiful home to get ready to hand over to another family. I have extended family on my side and my husband's side who would give anything and everything to help us out and love us unconditionally. My 'waiting' now will be much more joyous I think. There is so much that can be learned, seen and shared while I'm 'waiting'. It still won't all be easy, but I understand better.
Heavenly Father has given each and every one of us a life here on earth. We don't know how many days we have. It may be a few hours or many, many decades. While we are 'waiting' to return to Him we need to make each day count. We need to make each day a gift back to Him for what He has given us. When we worry and fret we are not using our faith and trying to take things into our own hands. When things are in our hands only they usually don't work out. When we let Him be in charge, which He is anyway, things are much more pleasant.
I hope that the spirit touches each and every one that reads this post and watches the song. Heavenly Father loves us so much as individuals, as His children. He knows us by name and knows what we need to become better people. I'm so thankful He showed me that love tonight and that I felt His arm around me. There is so much going on in the world and He was able to make a daughter of His in a town in Ohio feel like she was the only thing on His mind tonight. Thank you.
I'm waiting
I'm waiting on you Lord
And I am hopeful
I'm waiting on you Lord
Thought it is painful
But patiently, I will wait
I will move ahead, bold and confident
Taking every step in obedience
While I am waiting
I will serve you
While I am waiting
I will worship
While I'm waiting
I will not faint
I'll be running the race
Even while I wait
I'm waiting
I'm waiting on you Lord
And I am peaceful
I'm waiting on you Lord
Though it's not easy
But faithfully I will wait
Yes, I will wait,
I will move ahead, bold and confident
Taking every step in obedience
While I'm waiting
I will serve you
While I'm waiting
I will worship
While I'm waiting
I will not faint
I'll be running the race
Even while I wait
I will move ahead, bold and confident
Taking every step in obedience
While I'm waiting
I will serve you
While I'm waiting
I will worship
While I'm waiting
I will not faint
I will serve you while I'm waiting
I will worship while I"m waiting
Crockpot Apple Cider
2 weeks ago




No comments:
Post a Comment