Sunday, January 23, 2011

Lea's Senior Recital

Our girl was amazing tonight!! She had her senior recital.  She sang beautifully and I was so proud of how brave she was.  There were quite a few people there and she was absolutely wonderful. She sang 10 songs.  This was her program:

1) The Prayer
2) I Know That My Redeemer Lives
3) Mary's Lullaby
4) Pie Jesu from requiem by Gabriel Faure (1845-1924) (this was in Latin)
5) Meine Lieder (Adolf Frey) by Johannes Brahms (1833 - 1897) (this was in German)
6) Caro Mio Ben by Giuseppe Giordani (1744 - 1798) (this was in Italian)
7) You Belong With Me
8) Killing Me Softly
9) The Rose
10) Rainbow Connection from "The Muppet Movie"

She did really well.  If I can figure it out in the next couple of days I'll put a little snippet on here.





Lea made a 'thank you' cake for her voice teacher.

1 comment:

nicole said...

OH wow! I SOOO wish I could have been there! She has such a pure and sweet voice, and I'm sure she has progressed well with Greta's teaching. I sure miss Lea. She is one amazing young woman.