Yesterday we received word that B's grandma had passed away. It wasn't unexpected. The veil has been very thin for her for quite awhile and has just been hanging on. She was given a blessing by her son and then left this world. We know she is in a better place. She is no longer is in pain. She is with many of her family members that she has lost. We will miss her, but we will see her again.
I am even more grateful today for the plan of salvation and the opportunity we have to be sealed with our family. When they leave this earth, it's only temporary. I can just see her and my grandma getting acquainted right now :)
Grandma and Grandpa have close to 150 posterity (not sure of the exact number). Every single one of them could tell you that they are the favorites. She had a very way of making each and every one feel like they were special and very loved. When I first met her, I wasn't someone coming into the family. I felt like I had always been a part of her family. We were blessed to live within minutes of her when B and I were first married. We went over there while we were dating, while we were engaged and while we were married. She was a fabulous cook. She always made sure that we were all fed. She was a bigger help to my beginnings as a wife than I realized, until later when I would find myself doing something because she had mentioned it to me.Her years of service were more than probably anyone knows except our Heavenly Father.
She had been married for 72 years. Her and Grandpa would knitpick back and forth, but you knew there was love there. Grandpa would have a twinkle in his eye when he talked about her and she would have that cute little quirk of a smile when she talked about him.
Her family and her relationship to Heavenly Father were her number one priority. There was never any doubt about that. Her testimony was rock solid and carried her through her life. If I can be half the woman she was - I will consider my life a success.
We'll miss you Grandma Ruth.





1 comment:
Beautiful post. So sorry to hear about your loss. She sounds like an inspiring and loving person who left a quite a special legacy for your family.
Post a Comment