Thursday, August 28, 2008

Some catching up to do!

I have missed 5 birthdays!!
First one is my first son - Robby. He is now officially a teenager. To start his new adventure as a teenager he received braces two days before his birthday! Since the time he was 6 months old, Robby has been a very happy child (those first few months were fine if I was holding him). He is full of energy, excitement, and a curiosity for God's world. He loves making us all laugh. His mind is always working overtime and he learns a lot from what he reads and experiments with. Bruce's old bishop once said that kids that moved around a lot were big spirits put into little bitty bodies. That describes our Robby. He is always eager to be doing something. He is a spiritual giant! The promptings he picks up on amaze me sometimes and humble me as his mother. He has a strong testimony of the gospel even at his age. Little kids just flock to him - they know how to sense out those that are truly loving. I am so thankful that we have Robby in our family. He is wonderful at getting us all to laugh and sometimes roll our eyes. He helps us to remember to enjoy life - it doesn't always have to be serious. Happy Birthday Buddy!


Robby as a dwarf from Snow White - depending on his mood decided which one he was.
Robby with one of his cute smiles


Robby dressed up 'just like daddy'
Robby at his 13th birthday!



Next birthday in line is our little Cato who is 5! I can't believe my baby is ready for kindergarten! He has always been in charge, even before he was born, while he was being born and even to this day. He comes up with the cutest sayings and his smile takes up his whole face. He is a mamma's boy when it suits him, but very independent if that suits him better. He can get the whole family giggling with just one little smile or laugh from him. He loves to snuggle up with his daddy and tries to be just like him when he is working on projects around the house. He is an observer and thinker - which keeps his parents on their toes. He absolutely adores his older sister and brothers. I love watching them play together and him look at them with pure love coming from his eyes. Happy Birthday Tator Tot!


This is only a few days old - he sure had a strong neck.

Cato would smile so much his whole body would wiggle - his face just wasn't big enough.

Another example of how big his smile is.

Cato at his 5th birthday!


Next in line on the summer birthday roll call would be mine! I am so thankful for my parents bringing me into this world. Life has been a roller coaster of ups and downs. Heavenly Father has placed me where I needed to be and placed many loving family members and friends around me to help me become the person I am today. They know who they are if they are reading this blog. I love where my life is now. Lots of struggles, craziness and trials - but also many blessings, love and just plain fun! I hope the next 36 years are even better!

(Looking through pictures I realize I am usually the one taking the pic's - maybe a new goal this year would be to have Bruce take some of the pictures)


Finally we get to the August birthdays - my 'little' David is now 9! Being born in Texas he had to be the biggest baby - because everything is bigger in Texas. I loved every inch of my 11 pounds 10 ounce baby. He has always brought joy to whomever he is with. He has such a happy disposition and a soft heart. He loves having fun and he LOVES being with his big brother Robby. He has a smile also that takes up his entire face. Even before he could talk he could make those around him feel better. I even took him with me to my grandma's funeral when he was just a little under 2 to help brighten up those family members that were there. He did his job well. He has a great sense of humor. He gets a sparkle in his eyes that just makes you want to join in whatever he is going to do. He understands things about the gospel quickly and is a great example to his little brother. I love having David in our family. Happy Birthday babe!


Told you he was big!

Don't you just love those cheeks!

David playing air guitar at my sister's wedding - so much fun!

Running around at a 4th of July picnic.

The last summer birthday is my one and only love - Bruce. I could not express all that I feel about him on this blog. There are no words to explain what my heart and mind feel towards him. He is so patient with me and my crazy ups and downs. He works so hard and then shows all of us so much love and spends time with us when sleep would probably be a more preferred option. He is a man of honor and strength. He would give up everything to stand up for that which is right. It is obvious to anyone that knows him that his family is his number one priority. I love his strength, his curiosity on how things work, his talents of making and fixing things, his resolve to do better, his diligence in becoming a better person, his wink he gives me when I'm having one of those awful days, his love for nature and being out in it, his concern for all those around him and most of all I love him. I am thankful for his parents teaching him the things they did so that I could have him for eternity the way he is. Happy birthday honey.
This is when he was 8 - the day of his baptism - isn't he just sooo cute!
Bruce and his dad carving, one of his many talents
My one and only love - sorry ladies - he's taken!
Hopefully I'll be able to keep up a little better on our blog!

6 comments:

nicole said...

How sweet!! What a beautiful way to honor the loved ones in your life. You have a phenomenal family. Thanks for sharing!

Lollidale Farm said...

Wow! That IS a lot of birthdays! Happy birthday to everyone! I remember when your boys were that little! SO cute!

MasalaMom said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ALL!...

Debbie...start getting in front of the camera more often! My son is only 3 and a half...and already I feel I don't have enough "Mom & Son" pictures when he was younger...

Mamapierce said...

Happy Birthday to EVERYONE in your family! :o) Such cute photos!

Dad and Mom said...

Debbie, you are so special in the way you see your family and those around you. I am so glad that Bruce found you and that you are a part of our eternal family. Thank you for all you do!

Anonymous said...

You're not allowed to make me cry! ;) Debbie, I am certain we've been able to live nearby and to be a part of your lives for all this time so that we can learn from your beautiful examples of love and kindness and respect and fun etc, etc, etc! Thanks for being so wonderful to us!