Thursday, October 23, 2008

The wisdom that comes with age.

Today while cleaning I noticed 3 bright red lines (quite straight I have to admit) on the doorjam of Cato's room. I called him in and asked if he had colored on it - which he admitted he had. I was very frustrated and told him that that is what 2 year olds do - not 5 year olds. After lunch he had to clean it off. After about 2 minutes of not really cleaning it he told me he was too tired to clean it. I told him I was sorry he was tired, but he had to finish cleaning it because he chose to color on it. Then he looked at me and said, "But I did it yesterday, I was younger - I didn't know!" Needless to say I was laughing after that point.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL. You can tell the true measure of a child's creativity by the answers he gives when he's in trouble. Sean and I have a horrible time keeping straight faces sometimes when disciplining our kids because they have such a tendancy to crack us up with their "logic."

Anonymous said...

LOL! Gotta love their logic!

Jenn said...

How FUNNY! What a cute and clever little guy!