Wednesday - Thursday May 20 - 21, 2015
It is summer vacation! I always look forward to having the kiddos home more often and being able to do fun things. The summer is always too short and full of fun. I have a goal of just enjoying every single day and recording our fun on here each day (or almost each day). Friday afternoon was the kick off. D had his last day of school on Thursday, but C's was on Friday. My dad came to visit before that so I think of the fun things we did with him were a warm-up to summer, just like a good warm-up before a workout is essential, I think this visit was a must to kick-off this summer.
First I took my dad to the base to look at the jets. Had a a good friend that took us on a tour of the tower, flight line, etc. I even got to sit in a F-16!
He drove his 1965 Thunderbird out from Georgia. The boys and I all enjoyed riding in it.
It is summer vacation! I always look forward to having the kiddos home more often and being able to do fun things. The summer is always too short and full of fun. I have a goal of just enjoying every single day and recording our fun on here each day (or almost each day). Friday afternoon was the kick off. D had his last day of school on Thursday, but C's was on Friday. My dad came to visit before that so I think of the fun things we did with him were a warm-up to summer, just like a good warm-up before a workout is essential, I think this visit was a must to kick-off this summer.
First I took my dad to the base to look at the jets. Had a a good friend that took us on a tour of the tower, flight line, etc. I even got to sit in a F-16!
He drove his 1965 Thunderbird out from Georgia. The boys and I all enjoyed riding in it.
Him and I drove by our old neighborhood and then the church we used to attend.
We finished off his visit with us with a BBQ with a good friend from high school and her family.
What an awesome warm-up for our summer happiness! Love you dad!












No comments:
Post a Comment